Thursday, August 19, 2010

Pear perfection

As we roll through August, I'm reminded of the crisp fruit that is just about ripe here in Washington. Of course, we're known for being one of the biggest apple producing locations in the US, and boy, there is nothing like a fresh juicy apple! But for some reason, I'm partial to the shape and delightful colors of a beautiful pear. While the pear isn't my favorite to eat, it is one of my favorites to create. Recently, I picked up some golden hand dyed wool with all the hues of a luscious pear. I saw this painting project and decided that I would create it in wool, and I think it looks just perfect. The size is quite small, and it fits nicely on a tiny round end table that is in my entry hall.
Add a bowl of these painted muslin pears with cinnamon stick stems and you have a wonderful August display!
Hmm, maybe now might be a good time to head to the produce stand for some fresh fruit?

11 comments:

  1. You got it! Pear perfection. Very pretty... would make a nice centerpiece.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ilene,
    I just love pears...and they look so cute in your bowl. Great work.

    Have a thoughtful Thursday. ~Natalie

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just love your pears Ilene! Your little bowl fillers sure do look good enough to eat!
    Kim

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your pears are adorable! Just the perfect size too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Ilene,
    Came by from OFG group. Great pears I love them too.
    Enjoy your day!
    Barb

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great Job!!!! I really love the pears!!!! You out did yourself!!! Way to go!!!!

    Nikki

    ReplyDelete
  7. Those are adorable! I love old looking pears, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ilene, their both really nice!
    ~Blessings~Jody

    ReplyDelete
  9. WOW! Thanks everyone!!! You sure know how to make a gal smile!

    Ilene

    ReplyDelete