Wednesday, June 15, 2011

A new chapter at Happy Valley...My designs published!

I'm so excited to announce that I have been asked to design needle felting projects for Clover Needlecraft, Inc.!!!  The past few days have been very busy, as I have just completed several designs for Clover's project sheets.  It's an awesome opportunity to publish some of my work with a wonderful company.  Ahhh, yes, and on top of all that, I was provided with an ample supply of Clover's outstanding felting tools and roving to work with.  I'm like a kid in a candy store!  To think, before working with Clover, I did all of my needle felting projects with a single non replacable barbed needle!  Clover's tools utilize several needles, or you can use just one if you like...the point is, there are options.  This was also my first experience working with Clover's felting brush pad, which, again was SO much better than my foam cushion (the needles don't get stuck in the felting pad!). 

So if you haven't tried needle felting, I encourage you to give it a go.  The few tools needed to get started aren't very expensive; it's a very portable craft, and the design ideas are really limitless.  See a flower and you can re-create it's beauty.  That's what I did in this pink hydrangea.

Stay tuned here, and I'll announce when my projects, complete with how-to instructions, are available at your local craft stores and to download online.  And, let me know what magical creation you make...I'd love to see it!

No comments:

Post a Comment