Saturday, September 22, 2012

Bloomin' Confusion

September is feeling more like fall now; that bright star in the sky is playing hide 'n seek.  I snapped this confusion amongst our corn/sunflower patch.  Those bright yellow beauties are perplexed and don't know which way to turn!

Have I ever mentioned just how much the pup loves green beans?  As I was clicking away on this brisk morn, the pup finally discovered the solar fence line that surrounds the garden.  In the 2 seasons we've had this up to keep the deer out, he always manages to skirt under the lower line, or miss the intermittent surge of shock that flows through.

Not today though.  After a slight little zip, he yelped loudly and SPRINTED all the way around the house to the front door.  Gosh, I felt so bad, but could hardly contain my laughter as I saw to it that he was okay.  And, of course, the next trip outside resulted in success for him...into the bean patch once again!

Yep, you really can't teach an old dog new tricks...

No comments:

Post a Comment