Saturday, May 5, 2012

A Lace-y Dilemma

Look at this lovely stash of lace that I just received from a friend who is in the process of doing some spring purging!  There's eyelets, trims, sheers and even a very unusually large panel of lace depicting a holiday scene.

Wow, what shall I create?  I don't work with lace a whole lot and have really only used it to embellish a dress (for a doll, of course...since I can't stitch a garment for the life of me!).


I did use a pretty eyelet trim on the top border of this shabby chic quilt, and it turned out real cute.  So, that got me to thinking...

Some of the larger pieces would look great overlaying a dark solid tone quilt block and then made into a pretty tote bag.  That would sure show of the delicate design in the lace's pattern!

Since lace is so easy to dye, why not color a few lengths of the trim pieces and create flower pins by rolling up the trim and stitching together the ends and then fanning out the 'petals'.  These are always so popular to attach to jackets, purses, etc.

And what a cool texture lace would provide to a needle felted design on a small candle mat.  Hmmm...guess I'd better get busy!

If you have any great ideas that you'd like to share, I'm all ears!  Have a wonderful day!

2 comments:

  1. It sounds like you have some great ideas. You know I am allergic to fabric so I am no help at all. Can't wait to see what you come up with!!
    enjoy,
    Barb

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have a very similar stash of lace and often wonder what I will do with it all... It certainly is a quandary, isn't it?

    Flower pins are probably a good place to start, and they are so simple to make too...

    ReplyDelete